If you're working in Canada as an oil, gas or mining worker you are obliged to file an annual Canadian tax return. By filing a tax return you’ll also be able to apply for a tax refund.
At taxback.com we can:
- File your Canadian tax return
- Minimise your tax liability
- Maximise your tax refund
- Ensure you avail of all applicable tax relief and inductions
- Claim back work expenses on your behalf
- Check if you are eligible to claim “Zone Tax Offset”
- Make sure that you are tax compliant in all locations you’ve worked in
Northern Residents Deduction
The Northern Residents Deduction is a tax concession that was introduced by the Canadian Tax Office for people who live and work in remote areas in Canada. To qualify for northern residents deductions, you must have lived, on a permanent basis, in a prescribed northern or intermediate zone for a continuous period of at least six consecutive months.
Do you live or work in these A Zones?
You may be entitled to $8.25 per day.
- Fort Nelson, BC
- Northwest territories, Yukon and Nunavut
- Newfoundland and Labrador
Do you live or work in these B Zones?
You may be entitled to $4.125 per day.
- Fort St. John
- Pink Mountain
- Moberly Lake
- Fort MacKay
- Fort MacMurray