If you are on a temporary visa and working in Canada, you should file a Canadian tax return each year. The Canadian tax year runs from January 1st to December 31st, but you should file your tax return before April 30th each year.
At taxback.com we will:
- Review your personal circumstances to see if you’re eligible to claim any tax deductible expenses
- Ensure you get the maximum legal tax refund and remain compliant with your visa conditions
- Determine whether you are a resident or non-resident for tax purposes in Canada so we can file the right tax return for you.
- Track down your T4 or any other missing payment documents (we can request these from your employer on your behalf).
- Provide you with a free online account where you can track the progress of your tax return and upload your documents
- If you have left Canada, we will send your refund to you anywhere in the world