Oops! Stiamo ancora lavorando alla traduzione in italiano dei contenuti da inserire in questa pagina ecco perchè appare in inglese. Ci scusiamo per l'inconveniente e speriamo di aver pronta la versione tradotta al più presto.

Apply Now

Tax Returns Canada

We have a range of tax services for Canadian citizens and residents. We’ll provide you with a free tax refund estimation and file your tax return.

  • The right service for you
    Single? Common-law partner? Homeowner? Self Employed? No matter what your circumstances, we can look after your tax return
  • Consideration of tax deductions and credits
    We’ll review your circumstances and check that you are availing of all applicable tax relief.
  • Free tax refund calculation
    Our free tax refund calculator provides an instant refund estimation
  • Online tracking
    We’ll provide your with access to our secure online Tax Tracker so you review the progress on your tax return
  • Audit assistance
    If your case is audited, we can deal with the CRA on your behalf at no extra cost
  • Tax return amendments
    If your tax return has been filed incorrectly, we can review and amend your tax return

We have a choice of tax services for Canadian citizens and residents so we're sure to have the solution that's right for you.

Filing a tax return every year might seem like a hassle, but there are two very good reasons you should:

  • First, you have to file a tax return by law, and
  • Second, by filing one, you’ll also be checking if you’re due a tax refund.

That doesn’t do anything to reduce the stress of getting all your documents together and trying to figure out how to file a Canadian tax return. That’s where we come in. We file tax returns for thousands of residents every year so you can trust that we’re the experts in Canadian tax return filing.

If you've got any questions that aren't answered here, or you'd like to talk to someone about your refund now, Chat Live online with our staff via instant messenger.

How do I know if I need to file a Canadian tax return?

You must file a tax return if any of the following situations apply:

  •  You have to pay tax.
  •  Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) sent you a request to file a return
  •  You and your spouse or common-law partner elected to split pension income
  •  You received Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) advance payments
  •  You have to contribute to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
  •  You are paying Employment Insurance premiums on self-employment and other eligible earnings
Even if none of these requirements apply, you may still want to file a return if any of the following situations apply:
  •  You want to claim a refund
  •  You want to claim the WITB.
  •  You want to apply for the GST/HST credit (including any related provincial credit).
  •  You or your spouse or common-law partner want to begin or continue receiving Canada Child Tax Benefit payments
  •  You want to carry forward or transfer the unused part of your tuition, education, and textbook amounts

When do I have to file my Canadian tax return?

There are a number of dates during the year when Canadian tax returns are due to be filed or payments are due to be paid:
Income tax return
Generally, your return for 2016 has to be filed on or before April 30, 2017.

Self-employed persons
If you or your spouse or common-law partner ran a business in 2016 (other than a business whose expenditures are primarily in connection with a tax shelter), your return for 2016 has to be filed on or before June 15, 2017. However, if you have a balance owing for 2016, you still have to pay it on or before April 30, 2017.

GST/HST credit payments
If you qualify for GST based on the information on your 2016 income tax return, GST/HST credit payments are generally issued on the 5th day of each quarter.

July 5, 2016
October 5, 2016
January 5, 2017
April 5, 2017

Canada Child Tax Benefit payments
Benefits are paid over a 12 month period from July of one year to June of the next year. Generally, payments are made on the 20th of each month

CCTB payment dates

July 20, 2016
August 19, 2016
September 20, 2016
October 20, 2016
November 18, 2016
December 13, 2016
January 20, 2017
February 20, 2017
March 20, 2017
April 20, 2017
May 18, 2017
June 20, 2017

Will I get a tax refund?

You may. We find that one in three Canadian citizens or residents have overpaid tax and is eligible to claim a tax refund. Taxback.com will get you back as much overpaid Canadian tax as is legally possible.

You can get a refund if you:

  • had too much tax withheld;
  • paid more installments than necessary; or
  • are eligible to claim extra refundable credits.

The average refund we get for our Canadian tax clients is $1104.

When can I expect my tax refund?

You can watch the step-by-step progress of your application on your online account.

It'll go something like this:
Once we get your documents it takes us just 2 working days to prepare your Canadian tax return. This involves:

  • Receiving and checking the documents
  • Estimating your refund
  • Completing your forms
  • Sending them to the tax office / Preparing your return

The Canadian Revenue Agency can process returns filed electronically in as little as eight business days. For other returns it can take 4-6 weeks.

How does taxback.com work?

Here's how our easy three-step service works:
1. Register online or use our FREE tax refund calculator and then download the TaxPack for Canadian tax returns.
2. Send us your documents and signed forms. We'll estimate your refund and give you an online tracking account. If you're missing any documents we can get replacements for you.
3. Pay our fee.
4. Relax while we prepare and file your tax return.

How do I know what's happening with my tax return?

You can follow the progress of your Canada tax return on your online tracking account. This allows you to see every step of your application. As soon as we have your refund we'll contact you to sort out the best way to get your money straight to you.
Rather talk to a human being? We have our own taxback.com staff available to talk to you in 27 taxback.com offices in 20 different countries. Click here to find your local office number or use our Live Chat.

What are the advantages of using taxback.com?

Thousands of people choose our service because:

  • We get you the maximum legal refund
  • FREE online refund estimations
  • Every customer gets a Personal Online Tracking Account you can follow your tax return every step of the way
  • All our Canadian tax returns are legal and compliant with Canada's tax laws.
  • Document retrieval service
  • 24-hour customer support and tax refund help
  • Free phone, free fax, free post, free online tax help with our live chat!
  • No language barriers - our services are available in: Bulgarian, Chinese, Chinese-Taiwanese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian.

How much will it cost?

Canadian Tax Services for Canadians

Fee payment is required upfront and additional fees may apply for more complicated tax returns.

Tax Return Service Fee
Individual TR Filing fee- Basic $85
Individual TR Filing fee- Advanced $125
Individual TR Filing fee- Advanced +SE $150
Extra Volume fee- if over 20 receipts $20
Investment and rental income TR filing fee $300
Family TR filing fee basic $135
Family TR Filing fee- Advanced $210
Family TR Filing fee- Advanced +SE $270

I'm missing some of the documents I need to apply for my tax refund. What can I do?

We know it's easy to lose documents or to not even receive them in the first place. That's why we have a dedicated document retrieval team who deal with employers all over the world and can organise replacement documents for you.
You'll find a declaration form authorising us to do this in your Canada TaxPack, or if you no longer have it, click here to download another one.

What slips or documentation am I likely to receive?

Slips or documentation are prepared by your employer, payer, or administrator. You should have received most of your slips and receipts by the end of February. If you have not received, or have lost or misplaced a slip for the current year, you have to ask your employer, or the issuer of the slip, for a copy.
The following is a list of some of the slips you may receive:

  • T4, Statement of Remuneration Paid
  • T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
  • T4A(OAS), Statement of Old Age Security
  • T4A(P), Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
  • T4E, Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits
  • T4RSP, Statement of RRSP Income
  • T5007, Statement of Benefits
  • RC62, Universal Child Care Benefit statement
  • RC210, Working Income Tax Benefit Advance Payments Statement

What is a final payslip?

We can use either your final payslip or your T4 to claim back Canadian tax for you. Your final payslip is the payslip attached to your last pay cheque. It shows your earnings and how much tax you've paid.
If you don't have your final payslip or your T4, our document retrieval team can help get copies for you.

I can't find my Social Insurance Number - what can I do?

To claim your Canadian tax rebate we'll need your Social Insurance Number. If you don't have it, ask your employer or slip preparer as they should have a record of your number.

Can I do it myself?

Every tax office in the world is set up to accept applications directly from taxpayers so yes, you can file your return yourself. The reality is though once you submit it, there's no updating process and no feedback until you get a yes or a no, which is frustrating and very worrying.
Preparing your Canadian tax return will involve getting all the tax forms and trying to put all the information together properly and it's not as easy as it looks.
The tax system in Canada is very complex and filing their own tax return is a challenge that many Canadian citizens don't even attempt themselves. With our service, you can rest assured that your tax return is correct and above all, compliant. You can also check if you’re due a tax refund by using the FREE online refund calculator

What's the difference between filing my tax return and getting my tax refund?

We file your Canadian tax return in order to organise your tax refund.
A tax return is the annual submission of tax forms documenting your earnings, taxes paid, deductable expenses and allowances that you send to the tax office for review. They review it according to the information submitted by your employer and the current laws that apply to your case.
If you get a tax refund, this means the tax office review found you had overpaid tax and were due some back.
Our estimate of your refund is based on our prediction of what the tax office will decide when they review your tax return - providing they have the same information as us.

Can you guarantee that I'll receive the refund amount you estimated for me?

No, but we do guarantee to get you the most money back that we legally can.
Our estimate is based on your documents and our experience in filing thousands of tax returns every week since 1996. Naturally, the Canadian tax authority has the final decision in your tax refund based on their systems and tax codes.

From the Blog